For municipal expansion of cycling and infrastructure
Municipalities are probably all in the same boat at the moment. Car traffic is increasing, the burden on people AND on their wallets is increasing and the call for the expansion of cycling infrastructure is getting louder and louder. That's a good thing, cycling or the selective change from car to bike or e-bike is not only a multi-layered problem solution on paper.
“Quickly from A to B” – expansion of cycle paths and rapid cycle connections
If the bicycle or e-bike is to become a serious alternative to the car when it comes to everyday mobility, a targeted expansion of cycle path networks and quick cycle connections is required. When should I definitely not switch from the car to the bike? If I'm 1. slower, 2. unsafe and 3. uncomfortable on the road. Ergo: the expansion and investment in cycle paths and cycle express connections make double and triple sense. The good news? There are attractive subsidies to cushion investments in this area with public funds.
Eligible costs can be funded with up to 40% for the expansion of cycle paths and fast cycle connections. In total, a maximum of €100 per inhabitant of the municipality can be funded. What is important is the existence of a bike strategy, a concept or a master plan “bike” at the regional or state level. If the requirements are met, nothing stands in the way of your project to expand the cycling infrastructure. Another question arises:
IMPORTANT: What is a bike fast link?
- Definition of connections (min. 5 km) in planning documents of the federal state
- Potential of at least 2.000 cyclists per 24 hours
- Direct route, largely free of detours and gradients (max. 6%)
- Level-free with car traffic or priority at level crossings
- Sufficient traffic area width
- Safe trafficability even at high speeds
- Protective strips to the vehicle lane for a cycle path alongside the road
- High surface quality (asphalt or concrete)
“Keep Safe” – Storage facilities and bicycle parking
Anyone who travels quickly and efficiently by bike or e-bike will eventually reach their destination and want to know that their bike or e-bike is kept safe and befitting their status. From the point of view of a municipality, this part is just as important as the expansion of cycle paths or cycle express connections. In the future, parking facilities or barriers will make sense, especially in combination with e-charging infrastructure, because e-bikes should be able to be charged safely and reliably during storage. A very important rule of thumb applies: parking facilities are not the same as wheel stands. If you want to win over particularly ambitious cyclists with high-quality bikes for the municipality as mobilists, investing in high-quality bike parking facilities makes a lot of sense. Trust us when we say: rim and frame killers are definitely out!
IMPORTANT: Retrofitting bicycle parking - this must be observed
- Covered bicycle parking facilities for a maximum of 100 bicycles
- lockable or secured to the bicycle frame
- In buildings, outside the public traffic area
- Funding as a flat rate, € 400 per parking space
- € 700 subsidy per parking space with an e-charging point ≤ 5 kW output power
- Funding is limited to 30% of eligible costs.
- Prerequisite: 100% electricity from renewable energy sources
- Submission AFTER implementation (up to 6 months after acquisition)
Always supplied with (e-)energy - e-bike charging infrastructure
According to the e-mobility offensive of the Austrian Climate and Energy Fund, the purchase of e-vehicles and the provision of e-charging infrastructure are equally funded. Of particular interest for municipalities, but also for companies in municipalities, is the development of sharing or rental systems through to investments in low-emission employee mobility. Just think of the role model effect that a mayor or community representative sets when he or she is out and about in the community with e-bikes, rental bikes or job bikes. From a municipality's point of view, up to seven positive effects can be achieved by investing in active mobility. 1. protect the climate and resources, 2. save costs, 3. improve accessibility, 4. improve social encounters, 5. reduce air pollutants, 6. reduce noise and 7. improve the health of the population. Those are good reasons to actively take the future into your own hands, aren't they?
IMPORTANT: E-mobility offensive of the Austrian Climate Fund
- Vehicles and e-charging infrastructure are funded
- Applications can only be submitted online at Umweltfoerderung.at
- until 31.03.2023/9/XNUMX and AFTER purchase (up to XNUMX months after purchase)
- No used vehicles / charging stations eligible for funding
- Requirements: e-mobility bonus share (noted on the invoice), 4 years in operation, and electricity from 100% renewable energy sources
With this basic information on the topic of subsidies, your municipality can also reliably set off towards the future of mobility. The invention of the e-bike has immense potential to positively influence our mobility behavior: more active, more outdoors, more healthy exercise and less driving for short distances. Even without subsidies, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for your municipality - find out more today.
Contact NOW and book a free initial consultation!
The Team of bike-energy is just a mouse click away!
Inquiries via the comment function
Dear readers, we look forward to every comment and suggestion from you.
For information inquiries and offers, please contact sale @ bike-energybecause we don't always answer news comments immediately. Otherwise it could happen that your request is lost or not processed until much later.
General information - price lists, presentations and data sheets - can be found here: https://bike-energy.com/downloads/
Thank you for your understanding.
Leave a commentParticipate in the discussion?
Leave us your comment!